pheromone trap

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you really wanted to do it id just watch the cage all night and when a male lands on it just snag him, really no use in making a trap. i doubt it would work anyways but you could try i guess

if you really wanted to do it id just watch the cage all night and when a male lands on it just snag him, really no use in making a trap. i doubt it would work anyways but you could try i guess
Actually, scientists use these traps quite commonly to test for things like mating frequency but not to collect males. It would seem that if you find a mantis in a particular area, it would be easier to search around and find more females as well as males.

Actually I used this method to collect males when I had an adult female grisea. Just place the female outside in a mesh container and wait. I don't know about making a trap, but you can always do as suggested by Chris, its what I did. If you are in a wooded area, or close to one I would just search for them, but if you are in a more rural area this can help pull them out of hiding.

Latest posts