Phoebe is an adult!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MandellaMandy123

Reaction score
A few days ago, my ghost mantis Phoebe molted to adulthood. Although I've been keeping wild caughts for many years, she is my first ever adult exotic mantis.

med_gallery_5808_376_6283304.jpg

med_gallery_5808_376_3037999.jpg

med_gallery_5808_376_5184609.jpg

med_gallery_5808_376_51258.jpg

Enjoy!

~Wolfie

She's gorgeous! If she needs a boyfriend, I have a nice fresh adult male that's looking for girlfriend.

image_zpsd09c4d84.jpg

Wow! Did you bump up the contrast, or is she really that green?

Chelsea is right - she really is that green. :) I do use PS, but I don't alter the color significantly from what it looks like in real life.

Your male is a pretty color, HungryGhost! I have one of a similar color, not yet an adult. I don't plan on breeding Phoebe, but good luck finding a mate for your mantis. :)

~Wolfie

Does she have all her legs the third photo looks like she's missing one

I have a female, Isabell, that has no mate. All he wanted to do was play piggyback. Hes very old and has pulled off three of his back legs. Why I have no idea.

Isabell has been adult for a month.

Chelsea is right - she really is that green. :) I do use PS, but I don't alter the color significantly from what it looks like in real life.

Your male is a pretty color, HungryGhost! I have one of a similar color, not yet an adult. I don't plan on breeding Phoebe, but good luck finding a mate for your mantis. :)

~Wolfie
Why don't you want to breed her? She's so beautiful.. It would almost be a shame for her to lay infertile ooths

Why don't you want to breed her? She's so beautiful.. It would almost be a shame for her to lay infertile ooths
Well, I still haven't quite decided. I have some males, but my mom won't let me sell mantids, so I don't want to be stuck with 400+ ghosts and no way to get rid of them. :lol:

Well, I still haven't quite decided. I have some males, but my mom won't let me sell mantids, so I don't want to be stuck with 400+ ghosts and no way to get rid of them. :lol:
I'll take some off your hands lol.. Why can't you sell them?? If you do breed and can't keep a lot.. I'll buy 1 ooth, or 6 :p

Last edited by a moderator:
My mom doesn't think it's safe. :( I guess I can see her point, but I would like to have some of Phoebe's babies. Maybe someday I'll start breeding. :) I breed my wild caughts, since I can release them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts