Photo in 7/10/07

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yen_saw

Forum Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I took her out trying to get the ooth, the ooth blend in pretty well!!

afnooth2.jpg

But soon she went bersek!!

mad7.jpg

mad9.jpg

mad2.jpg

So i went to take a few pics of bark mantis

thL4n.jpg

thL4j.jpg

I think this mantis like my ring :)

thL4o.jpg

thL4p.jpg

Wow, just notice the inner part of the raptorial arms are red in color

thL4m.jpg

then took some L4 ant mantis pics

L3b.jpg

L3a.jpg

Here are couple of Vinegaroon bought for my friends..cool creatures

vine2.jpg

vine1.jpg

AFter all i remember to go back and collect the PW ooth, and found out another ooth from another female!! nice camouflage!!

blend1.jpg

Thanks all. Yes the Asian bark mantis has interesting color as it grows larger. Ant mantis is slowly losing the black color but stilll look very much like an ant to me as the nymphs always keep the ab. horizontally.

the ant mantis acually looks more like a roach now

vinegaroons are so cool! i love the tailless the best

the bark mantis looks like they're coming along fine

Hello yen_saw,

You have Beautiful mantis (Asian bark mantis).

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I want to have :shock: :shock:

Stephan

The pictures are wonderful! I like the bark mantis, very pretty.

Do you leave the ooth on the stick to hatch or do you take it off and re-attach it to something else?

Yen, Stunning mantis! The Zebra mantis, Is outstanding!!
Zebra mantis...hmmm 8) thanks! :D

Where do you ever get the time to keep all these?
huh? it didn't take a minute to care for them.... nah i wished!! well i have a 10-yr old boy helping me :D but it is taking a lot of my time that's for sure.

The pictures are wonderful! I like the bark mantis, very pretty. Do you leave the ooth on the stick to hatch or do you take it off and re-attach it to something else?
Thanks Jenn, none of my pic is close to your level trust me!

i try to leave the ooth on the stick if possible and just cut the side of the stick and glue it in separate container in such a way that the seam is facing downward for easy hatching.

Thought i would just add these pics here and share with everyone with photos taken yesterday.

One of my first generation adult female Acromantis Formosana she is a little worry
afd371da.gif

af3.jpg

af4.jpg

Yay... two ghost mantis oothecae hatched at the same time, yieldng around 80-90 nymphs! (anyone looking for ghost.....hint hint**) Raining ghost is far better than the pouring rain yesterday (Damn Erin!!)
fadeba1b.gif

hatch6.jpg

Got a parcel from Rick yesterday, shocked to see an ooth!! She must be feeling so comfy to lay the ooth there.... nice packing Rick
d5f02ecd.gif
Now the question is is it fertile
a50.gif

rick1.jpg

Moving to feed my ant mantis and saw one female laying ooth, doesn't mind me taking shot at all!!
cf742eb3.gif

lay5.jpg

lay6.jpg

so with the "free" extra time, i paired up the first generation adult ant mantis, he mounted almost almost immediately!! so i moved on to the second pair, and third pair......

mate9.jpg

Moving to my orchid cage... yay she is on her second ooth!! but still waiting for the first ooth to hatch..... oh come on please hatch!!
f6eb47d3.gif

ooth1.jpg

Now back to feeding fruit flies to the little guys..... they are the S. Prestiosa traded from Spain... cute little things
em012.gif

L2d.jpg

L2b.jpg

and more fruit flies to spiny flower mantis housed together in the net cages (one of the 4 cages!!)

hatching7.jpg

and then moving to the adults.... whoa must be my lucky day caught another female laying, pardon the dirty container :oops:
cd08785a.gif

lay1.jpg

lay3.jpg

(that ooth is about 3 inches long when done, couldn't beat her own record of ~4 inches)

Then i went on and feed the shield mantis, asian giant, Gambian spotted-eye, adult ghost,... and the list go on and i was too tire to take more pics,
64caf316.gif
thanks for browsing, and sorry for all the scrolling down
smile.gif

Yen,

That is amazing!! :shock: I'm glad to see more ghosts hatching! :) I must say, You have some Beautiful specimens! Thanks for sharing...

Congratulations !!!!!!!

Your pics are very beautiful.

I like Ghost and Spiny (my favorite species)

Good luck !

Ps : Good smiley ;)

Latest posts