Photos of my toadies :)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agent A

the autistic flower mantis
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hello all, i took pics of 3 out of my 5 firebelly toads and i thought i'd share them:

here is Moaper, my big fat female :)

moaper.jpg

moaper2.jpg

moaper3.jpg

here is Spaz, a male:

spaz.jpg

and Screwup (my sister named him)

screwup.jpg

and the eggies:

eggies.jpg

enjoy :)

Yes

I had the adults in an aquatic setup, 15 hrs of light a day

Then I decreased the daylight hours by 30 minutes every 2 weeks and let the water drop

Nourish them well before doin any of this

Then when their appetite goes down (at about 13 hours or so), I put them in a small cage with spaghmum moss (moistened) and they go into my closet where the temp is between 55 and 60 at all times

After 11 weeks they go back into the main cage where the light is about 13 and a half and the water is an inch deep

I increase light at same rate as decrease and every week add a good inch of water or a bit more

Lots of plant material helps

Females lay clusters along plant stems after a few weeks

This is really impressive, they hibernate 11 weeks? could you pleaseeee show me a pic of your set up this little guys have been my favourites ever!

They can thrive in a wide range of setups

Their light went out and my largest male is engaging in amplexus with the female

Might get eggs in the morning, hope these get enough oxygen :/

Hey I had some some years ago...They are from Russia right?I remember them singing at night.They are very nice and they have 2 different colors type yellow and orange belly.

Good luck with them!