Phyllocrania paradoxa communal molting

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do communally raised ghost mantids influence the molting speed for each other?
Great question! I am sorry, but I don't know the answer to this. It would be cool though if being kept communally changed their growth rate! I have had some Ghost mantises slow down in growth very much when I kept them cooler at around 70F. I kept them each in their own container, not communally. They were pre-sub to sub-adult and didn't seem to need to eat for a month or more and not even shrink in the abdomen much. It is incredible! They might do this in the wild in Madagascar and South Africa where there is a mild winter, so that they can get through winter there.

I translated it through Google Translate. It wasn't spam. The person was asking in Russian whether there was anyone that can help with this question, and that he couldn't answer it.
It was indeed spam. I translated it as well and thought it was legit, so I let it through the spam filter. The forum was bombarded by spam within minutes. Most from previously banned IPs or banned users sharing the same IP address. 🙂

I translated it through Google Translate. It wasn't spam. The person was asking in Russian whether there was anyone that can help with this question, and that he couldn't answer it.
Yeah, the person asked a few benign questions like that, but it still seemed weird to me. I'm sure you and I could figure out how a Russian message board works even if we don't know the language. It ain't rocket science. And a location listed as Panama? Anyway, no harm done.

Last edited: