Phyllovates puking... Any help you can offer?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
vates is eating noooo problem, munching away happily, on her second maggot now. Im gonna just feed her til shes done cause i think shes hungry after having only 2 maggots in like 30 hours. If shes still good after this then thats a definite, that she will be okay

Good, I'm glad little noodle will pull through after all! :D
Me too! Shes still doing good this morning! Wow, im stoked, gonna just keep checkin on her, but im almost positive that shes in the clear :)

Glad to see it worked out and others were able to give you help to save your pet. I admit I learned a few things I hope I won't need, but perhaps will save my pet if it gets sick too.

I can imagine it's one of the things you are thankful for today, not sure what to say but congratulations.

Glad to see it worked out and others were able to give you help to save your pet. I admit I learned a few things I hope I won't need, but perhaps will save my pet if it gets sick too.

I can imagine it's one of the things you are thankful for today, not sure what to say but congratulations.
Thanks man! yeah i coulsnt be happier, seriously!

Good luck on getting a male then. :D I wonder if many people have this species? At least I guess it is more common than the Arizona Unicorn (Pseudovates arizonae).

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck on getting a male then. :D I wonder if many people have this species? At least I guess it is more common than the Arizona Unicorn (Pseudovates arizonae).
Thanks! and im not sure, i dont think theyre extremely common, but not as rare as the arizona unicorn like you said. I got mine at bugsincyberspace.

I'm glad she seems to be doing better!

My girl puked on me today. Then, I saw puke in her cage too. First, I thought she wasn't doing well because of old age (she laid 13 ooths). But if it is black stuff I'm guessing that it is some kind of infection? The thing is that none of the others mantids that are eating the crickets are throwing up. Maybe she is just too old too fight certain bacteria that would otherwise be harmless. (Like our gut flora or "good bacteria"). Should I strip down her whole cage?

I'm glad she seems to be doing better!

My girl puked on me today. Then, I saw puke in her cage too. First, I thought she wasn't doing well because of old age (she laid 13 ooths). But if it is black stuff I'm guessing that it is some kind of infection? The thing is that none of the others mantids that are eating the crickets are throwing up. Maybe she is just too old too fight certain bacteria that would otherwise be harmless. (Like our gut flora or "good bacteria"). Should I strip down her whole cage?
Yup shes an adult now, no longer puking, doing great!That sucks! yeah it could be old age, could be that that particular cricket had more bad bacteria on it, maybe it munched on a dead cricket, its hard to tell, but yeah id strip the cage and wash it, im sure theres bad bacteria in the puke that youd wanna get rid of.

Try feeding her things with antioxidents, like honey. You can even try giving her some tea. Make sure you give her a lot of water, like multiple times a day. Unless if it makes her puke, then let her have a break. Try leaving her in the shade, dont overstimulate her. Maybe cover a side of her cage.

Last edited by a moderator: