Pictures:)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks!It's a very funny species.. The 2 nymphs I have from Yen are most likely a couple(lucky) So maybe I will be able to breed them, but I need more luck for that:)

Thank you Phil:)

1) You mean if you don’t zoom or anything you will see something like this (when you have the Raynox clipped on)

dscf2197k.jpg

Similar. You are showing a black area where the clipon is actually blocking the lens. In vignetting it is just darker around the edges. But that shot was very helpful for me.

I almost never crop, because I use the digital zoom function(x2). If I do that, the vignetting isn’t visible anymore.

I have this camera and mini macro lens for about 3 years now I believe. And I’m too lazy to figure out settings like the aperture etc. So it’s always standing on ‘auto’ :p

I kinda learned to make pics with it on my own, I barely now something about photo stuff..

I want to buy a better camera sometime, but this works for now:)

2) Like I said, I don’t know much about this :p Do you mean the F-number ?

I use Opera as my browser, if I look at the Image properties in this browser. I can see a lot of info on most pictures.

Here’s is a screenshot from the last S. bicornis picture: Click

2)Yeah. f-stop, F-number and aperture diameter are all pretty much the same. I see that you were shooting almost full open (aperture at its widest) in the screen shot.

3) Uhm :| Around 40.00 mm or something ? I have no idea :p

3)That's pretty close! Good thing the mantis likes you!

4) I don’t know, never really think about stuff like that :p Sounds like I should be? :) Yep! :D

I also have to say that before I post a picture, it goes through Photoshop Lightroom first. Then I open it in Photoshop where I blur away all the noise.

It’s a lot of work, but it looks better imo :)

4)Yes, of course. Long live photoshop!.

Hello,

Superb photographs! beautiful species not obvious has to preserve!

Good job!

Bests regards, François!

absolutely stunning! i love how they have the hairs to break up their outline - you can barely see the female!

Latest posts