Pinching?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TySAAAN

Reaction score
I've never been pinched by them before and I don't really want to make my mantis angry just so I can feel how much it hurts, but has anyone ever gotten pinched by one? If so, how old was it (instar) and how hard did it hurt (bleeding, redness, etc.)

Thanks!

Old mantids hurt the worst. They cling onto you with their raptors :pinch: My budwing nearly broke skin. My majuscula and idolo made me bleed once with their claws

Wow! They remind like cats in a way... They clean themselves, are stealthy quick, and have those claws. Haha.

Old mantids hurt the worst. They cling onto you with their raptors :pinch:
Hahaha that was my first thought too. You also have to be careful of their little senile buggy minds. The other day my old man mantis Lazarus clamped on a leaf to help pull himself up a plant and about midway threw his climb he forgot he was clamping to climb and started to try to munch the leaf. :wheelchair: I've never had a pinch that bled or left a mark though.

Millions of times. The tips of the front legs are the most "dangerous" parts on a mantis. This is almost exclusively wild mantids I am talking about here though. Doesn't happen often though.

Latest posts