pinheads for Idolo nymphs?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup! And, I think, if I read it right, you're talking about having a SINGLE Gongy. So it won't matter if the ooth comes out goofy, anyway. Only 50/50 it's even a female. Some of the more off-beat food posts here list all sorts of things they could eat, if you're willing to hand-feed.

You can put them in the freezer for a minute or two. They'll slow down and then they'll wake up and get moving when they warm up.

@Angel: Well I heard that Ghosts won't eat crickets or chase their food, but I ONLY feed mine crickets. Also, I see them run after and stalk their prey all the time. Maybe if you feed Gongys crickets from the beginning, they'll eat them... It's worth a try!

Too bad I can't try, though. I have too many mantids and too little money. :lol:

@Angel: Well I heard that Ghosts won't eat crickets or chase their food, but I ONLY feed mine crickets. Also, I see them run after and stalk their prey all the time. Maybe if you feed Gongys crickets from the beginning, they'll eat them... It's worth a try!

Too bad I can't try, though. I have too many mantids and too little money. :lol:
Your probably right about feeding them crickets from L1, but I kind of think it's like telling the Cookie Monster(sesame street) that he needs to start eating donut's when he really wants the cookie. :p

I have a couple of L3-L4 Violins, I could send you one for free with a 2 week starter supply of fly larva if you would like to try your hand at a Gongy, just PM me if your interested. :)

Many people here at the forum have given me stuff free, thats part of what make this place great and worth the time spent here, I mean I've given away some Chinese before but your seem like such a nice girl you deserve a Gongy.

P.S. Angelofdeathzz as some people here know is just a "online shooter game" name I've used for years, lately I've switched to Clinteastwoodzz as I like the icy cold look's he gives in his old western movies(the man with no name) anyway I just wanted to clear up that I'm not bad,evil or some kind of cult guru, just a guy that used a silly name to long. :lol:

Hahaha! I used to love that picture of you on yor old avatar - no way that guy was the "Angel of Death"! :D

I've been meaning to do a video of how I do my flies, which maybe I'll get done when this batch hatches. Really, really easy.

@Angel: Well maybe the Cookie Monster would've been the Donut Monster if he ate those from the beginning! Besides, I heard that he is now the Fruit and Vegetable Monster. <_< I guess cookies are now called a "sometimes food".

Aw, thanks for offering me a Gongy with food! :clap: I might have to take you up on that...

I tried to give away some mio nymphs and ooths a few months ago, but no one wanted them. If I have a successful mating with my two current mios, I'll offer their nymphs and ooths for free again. I like to help people, and I've had lots of help from so many people here. It's the least I can do!

Haha, I used to use DAGKicksBass for usernames and whatnot online. I knew you weren't evil. ;)

Just to add, I don't have the benefit of acquiring flying feeders here with the exception of fruit flies which I've bred myself (shops here only sell mealworms and crickets). I've successfully bred violins with B. lateralis roaches as their staple. They do hunt down the roaches but they definitely seem to prefer flying insects. So I don't know about the theory that they will only breed when fed flying insects. I do agree that they seem to prefer flying insects but mine bred for at least 2 generations with roaches as their staple.

Latest posts