Please evaluate my enclosure for my L2 Orchid Mantis

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zelda

Reaction score
First off, ignore all of the water droplets, I was testing out my sprayer and it was more powerful than I expected. I won't keep it that wet when the mantis is in there.

I have fake leaves which I have set up both horizontally and almost vertically, with the tips touching the top of the enclosure because I'm pretty sure they need to be able to get up there to molt.

I used a paper towel at the bottom.

I used a fabric mesh thingy because that was the only thing I had. I've included a picture. Will this mesh still work? 

YqY2nKS.jpg

IMG_20171105_224530325.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That mesh should be fine...as long as your mantis is beyond fruit fly age. It might enjoy some fake pink flowers in addition to all the green though.....

I would add some high sticks for better molting perches or something. Looks good. One thing I’ve noticed with that type of pet tank/container. It’s really ventilated and humidity drops a lot.

I remember I had to spray a lot in mine to adjust and make the humidity a higher %

eventually I covered and blocked the side ventilation with hot glue and then added mesh netting. I leave the top ventilation alone and I leave mesh there too so the mantis can breathe and climb.

orchids require high humidity and a good amount of ventilation. 

Latest posts