Possible problem??????

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sk8erkho

Reaction score
I noticed before my Wide Arm molted (the one I wrote about in "Whohoooo...) that she was holding on with only one back foot. I figured it was injured some how and that it would fix itself in the molt. Well, not the case. She is holding that leg up pretty high most of the time and when I looked at the actual foot a few minutes ago I noticed the entire foot is black...a black foot thing. Then my nephew noticed she was beginning to do th same with the foot just ahead of that rear foot. Again this one is turning black, not as dark but non the less it's darker than the other feet. Anyone ever heard of such and is it something that may spread and kill my baby?? I'll try to get a pic up soon it's pretty tiny though.

A couple of my asian females have part of their front claw missing and the ends are black. But that is because they were together being raised and would catch the same fly as someone else and would eventually get it ate before getting freed, so other than that I don't know. I was no help was I?

I've seen many a mantid holding a leg off the ground. Never saw it go black though. Nothing you can do really.

One of my Budwings had that, which I assumed was from a bad molt, its fine now though, probably fixed itself in a molt. It probably depends how young it is as well...

Latest posts