Post photos here for the 2017 calendar

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CosbyArt

Reaction score
Submitting photos is a two step process.

1. Email high resolution photos to  [email protected] . No watermarks, text or writing on any photographs (advertising). Include your forum username and the scientific name of the mantis in the email.

2. Upload copies of your entries here. These may be lower resolution of the image and may include watermarks, etc. For each photo, please include the scientific name of the mantis.

Please read the 2017 guidelines before submitting photos.

The deadline for photo submissions has been changed to December 4th, so please get your photos submitted. :)

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Rhombodera Basalis.jpg

Sphodromantis Lineola2.jpg

Sphodromantis Lineola.jpg

Phyllocrania Paradoxa.jpg

Hierodula Venosa.jpg

Ok so I didn't know how to add text to the pictures but from the top is my Rhombodera Basalis, Sphodromantis Lineola, Sphodromantis Lineola, Phyllocrania Paradoxa, and Hierodula Venosa.

Ok so I didn't know how to add text to the pictures but from the top is my Rhombodera Basalis, Sphodromantis Lineola, Sphodromantis Lineola, Phyllocrania Paradoxa, and Hierodula Venosa.
To do that you would have to use photo editing software like Photoshop, GIMP, or such on your computer and add a text layer. Or if your a iPhone user, then get a photo text app (the link shows free and paid apps).

Thanks for submitting to the calendar. :)

Glad to see more members are submitting photos; however, they need to be submitted to me via e-mail without watermarks for possible inclusion in the calendar (described in the first post above and the 2017 guidelines). ;)

1. Email high resolution photos to  [email protected] . No watermarks, text or writing on any photographs (advertising). Include your forum username and the scientific name of the mantis in the email.

Should the full-res uploads be cropped to the 8.5x11 aspect ratio?
No need, I can crop as needed - that is of course if they are under 10MB per photo, as that is the Google mail limit per file. :)

YoungViolinGirl.png

Gongylus gongylodes

GypsyGirl.png

Stagmomantis carolina

Last edited by a moderator:
@Sarah K Thanks Sarah for the photo submissions. :D

Please supply me with the species scientific name for each photo to prevent mis-identification, rule #2 "2. Upload copies of your entries here. These may be lower resolution of the image and may include watermarks, etc. For each photo, please include the scientific name of the mantis." Thanks. :)

There seems to be a influx of submissions, or at least members sending me PM's asking about the deadline, on the last day of submissions. So of course that means we need to extend the deadline a bit for everyone to finish up and submit their photos. :)

What photos have been already submitted and received are being processed, and things are getting underway. That said if anyone who wishes to submit photos can do so in 5 days, December 4th that will work fine. If you need more time please contact me to discuss the matter, but realistically we need to get this project underway very soon so the calendar can be created and ready for purchase, so members can get it in time before the new year rolls in only four weeks from now. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts