Pre molt?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all
My Parablepharis kuhlii has been showing some strange behavior lately, not really moving much and not eating anything for the a little over a week, she just watches the feed walk past 🤷‍♂️
From what I've read on here this could be pre molt behaviour but I'm not sure how long this should go on for as she getting abit thin now?
Is this normal for this species?

that sounds about right. this is a difficult species and are picky eaters. if I was you I would try to force feed her. even if she doesn’t take it just try a roach or superworm otherwise she will just keep going without the food and you risk the chance of her dieing or not making it through her next molt because she will be to weak.

that sounds about right. this is a difficult species and are picky eaters. if I was you I would try to force feed her. even if she doesn’t take it just try a roach or superworm otherwise she will just keep going without the food and you risk the chance of her dieing or not making it through her next molt because she will be to weak.
Thanks for this tip, she has now had a successful molt and after a fair bit of persuasion, eaten half a Mario worm today. Will I have to feed her like this from now on or will she go back to hunting locust do you recon?

yay that’s amazing! I would think she should start hunting again on her own but just keep an eye on her to make sure she is. Also Is she an adult yet? after my girl became an adult Ive been having to help feed her because she likes to eat the roaches and they will hide if I put them in the enclosure.

yay that’s amazing! I would think she should start hunting again on her own but just keep an eye on her to make sure she is. Also Is she an adult yet? after my girl became an adult Ive been having to help feed her because she likes to eat the roaches and they will hide if I put them in the enclosure.
Thanks I'll keep an eye on her and I'll know what to do now, I'm not 100% sure how old shes is but no wings so not adult but it's really handy to know and im glad im not the only one with a fussy mantis 🤣

Latest posts