Preparing Orchid for mating

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exotic-Mantis

Reaction score
I've been feeding my Hymenopus Coronatus female tons of wild caught butterflies, moths, and flies since she's molted to adult so she can be healthy for mating. I know feeding them crickets isn't good for mating and usually will cause the ootheca to come out messed up and unhatchable. My question is, would it be ok to just feed her 1 cricket?? I only want to so it can actually get her abdomen fat because she'll go through 6 or 7 butterflies and still wont be "FAT".

Thanks,

Eros

i think that you can feed cricket to your mantis before matting or whatever you want and probably it don't be a problen in time of the ootecas..... :S

you could offer crocroach or other insect.... and shower it with polen....

regards.

Rick feeds his mantises crickets like it's a staple food. A varied diet would probably be best, but I don't think crickets are like some kind of sterilization food.

What are you talking about?????? Lots of bad info out there. I feed my mantids almost nothing but crickets and have never had an issue. But I do feed my crickets a good diet.

Latest posts