Pretty pinky girl...

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Precarious

Reaction score
A particularly pink L5 female Orchid.

OrchidL5-f_5983-sm.jpg

OrchidL5-f_5979-sm.jpg

Hmmm. I'll trade you 5 L2's for her. Of course, my luck she would molt on the way and be white as a ghost.

Hmmm. I'll trade you 5 L2's for her. Of course, my luck she would molt on the way and be white as a ghost.
She is from my personal breeding stock which means the oldest female nymphs I have. I wouldn't give her up because it would reduce my chance of breeding the next generation. Besides, you know they change color even between molts! That's why I quick took pics as soon as I spotted the color. I should have taken a few of her next to a white one because they all pretty much look the same now. Took these photos a week ago.

The colors were actually a little lighter. You know how increased contrast makes the darks darker. But she was way more colorful than all the others with pink just about everywhere.

Any pictures of the whole thing?
Ya, I would like to see the whole mantis as well.
Geebus Kripes! You guys are pretty demanding... :D

OrchidL5-f_5960-sm.jpg

OrchidL5-f_5962-sm.jpg

OrchidL5-f_5964-sm.jpg

My fellow members you want your orchids to be pink it's very simple put them outside if you live in a warm area or it must be spring/summer on a nice flower and natural sunlight will turn the whitest orchid dark pink /Purple that's all works all the time just DO NOT COOK THEM a nice sunny spot but a cooler day lol good luck and may the odds forever be in your favor ;) happy turn pinky day ?

how's she doing? does she still have these colors? one of my girls who should be subadult soon has very similar colors as far as where the colors are located and their intensity (though not her whole thorax like yours) but mine's colors are a bit lighter of a magenta-ish hot neon pinkish as opposed to yours' purpley pink

i doubt the color will last into adulthood but i just want to know how this one is doing, havent heard abt this girl all year o_O

Latest posts