Prices

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mime454

Reaction score
Does anyone else wish that it were required to put prices in classified ads? It's kind of annoying to know that you want a species, but have no clue how much it is going to cost, and you have to wait a few hours to contact someone just for a price. If it's more than you're willing to pay you feel awkward for starting contact and wasting someone's time. Wouldn't it just be easier if we required prices to be publicly listed on ads?

What are the advantages to not listing prices in the ad? It seems like an inconvenience to both parties.

They are waiting for offers and then sell to the highest offers. A, a seasoned member offered $4 each and wanted 10, whereas B, a new member, offered $ 10 each and wanted 10 also, and then C, a reseller, Offers $5 each and wants as many as possible. Depending on availability, they may all get their offered price, because the seller was willing to sell for $3 each.

If and ad doesn't have a price I just hit the back button. I have yet to see anything I want so badly that I have to ask. After a while you get to know who has a tendency not to include prices so I don't even bother opening their ads.

If it is just a "look what I hatched" post and not a for sale ad I may PM and ask if any are available but if it is a classified ad without the price I don't spend any more time on it.

Latest posts