Problems with ghost mantis

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you stop feeding them, sterilize EVERYTHING in the tank, and really water them well, sometimes you can correct this problem if caught early. I think it is bacterial, and doesnt seem to be contagious in most cases. It is usually the males that experience this.

Hmm......I Never Give My Ghosts Tap Water Because Over Here The Water Contains High Traces Of Some Chemical.....I Always Water/Mist My Ghosts With Bottled Water. Hm.....So Far For Me, The Females Are The Most Sensitive. One Of My Females Just Molted L5, And One Of Her Antennas Is Like Frozen In A Half Way Position......

Hey,

One Of My Females Molted And One Of Her Antennas Is Like Pointed Straight In The Middle Of Her Head, It's Like Pointing Forward Or Something. Does That Affect Cordination?

Hey everyone,

So I'm having similar strange paralysis problems with my male ghost. He's one molt away from adult and these past few days it looks like he's about to molt. However, I noticed since a few days ago that his four hind legs would just go limp/paralyzed and he couldn't use them. He would rely on his raptorials to drag himself or pull himself up.

It also looks like he's close to molting, but I'm worried that if his legs are paralyzed (periodically, hopefully not permanently) then it would mess up his molt.

I know I'm not really giving insight into this issue, just saying I'm having similar problems. =/

WP_20140412_22_36_53_Pro1.jpg

I am studying biology right now, It could be a sex-linked gene with the lighter coloring in the females. I'd be curious what Vlodek has to say about it.

Latest posts