PSA for those in Mosquito Prone Areas

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krissim Klaw

Reaction score
With the whole Zika virus scare going around a lot of areas are increasing the usage of large scale spraying of pesticides typically by trucks or aerial dumps. Often the spraying is done at dusk/night to "minimize" targeting other beneficial insects but some places also do them during the day. If you live in a hot humid area with mosquitoes and catch wild prey/let your mantises outside, it might be worthwhile to check to see if their are any scheduled spraying in in your area.

Keep those claw babies safe. :batman:

Last edited by a moderator:
With the whole Zika virus scare going around a lot of areas are increasing the usage of large scale spraying of pesticides typically by trucks or aerial dumps. Often the spraying is done at dusk/night to "minimize" targeting other beneficial insects but some places also do them during the day. If you live in a hot humid area with mosquitoes and catch wild prey/let your mantises outside, it might be worthwhile to check to see if their are any scheduled spraying in in your area.

This is a great point! I didn't even think of that!

Good looking out, I need to check my area.

Latest posts