• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Mantidforum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Psychomantis malayensis male/female pairs available for trade

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jseng

Reaction score
Hi again, fellow mantis-junkies!

I've got the itch to work with some new species, so if you've got something out of the ordinary available for trade (I'm open to all inverts, except for Ts and scorps), I have 2 sexed-pairs of Psychomantis malayensis that I can send you in exchange. I don't know if there even is a common name for this Southeast Asian boxer species, but they're basically a slightly larger, fancier-looking (more colorful, with lots of flanges on the underside of the abdomen) version of Acromantis. Just like Acromantis, though, Psychos are super hardy, active, always hungry, bold (mine will chase down prey at least half their size), and they engage in lots of cool arm-waving behaviors to communicate non-verbally with fellow Psychos, including a beautiful and intricately-choreographed mating dance.

The 2 males are the same age (either pre-presub, or presub) and both of them are 1 instar behind the 2 females, who are also the same age as one another (either presub or subadult). It's rare to even find unsexed nymphs of this species available for trade/sale in the US, and finding molt-coordinated sexed pairs for trade/sale is almost impossible, so I'm hoping to get something pretty cool in return for them. Nonetheless, the worst I can do is say no, so please feel free to PM me with any and all trade propositions that cross your mind.

Thanks for looking in any case!

Latest posts