Psychomantis Mamma

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Precarious

Reaction score
I haven't posted here in forever but had to share this. Breeding Psychomantis malayensis. Two females mated but weren't laying. Got the first to lay with some extra humidity and live plants but second was still holding out. Last night she finally started laying and I thought she'd never stop! Crazy big ooth...

Had to get some shots of her posing with her creation. Looks like a lot of babies in her future.

hKW82CD.jpg

B7d98SN.jpg

YiBz2EG.jpg

Amazing! Will you be selling the babies?
I will. Also have Heterochaeta orientalis hatching now. Lots of Heterochaeta orientalis coming. 🤩

Wow! Would You like to trades ooths? Dont need so long of course 🤣
I don't think I'll be swapping any ooths of this species until I get a stable culture sustained. We'll have to see how well these girls lay, hatch rates and mortality. All a big unknown at this point.

I will. Also have Heterochaeta orientalis hatching now. Lots of Heterochaeta orientalis coming. 🤩

I don't think I'll be swapping any ooths of this species until I get a stable culture sustained. We'll have to see how well these girls lay, hatch rates and mortality. All a big unknown at this point.
No need do hurry mate ;D

Have allready Astyliasula phyllopus and Pnigomantis ooths aviable for trade,  if You want 

Have allready Astyliasula phyllopus and Pnigomantis ooths aviable for trade,  if You want  
Collected the second batch of ooths which is a good sign. Both females bred multiple times by different males. Just waiting for that first hatch to assure me I'll get nymphs. Still, do not think they are prolific enough that I can spare any ooths this generation, though Astyliasula phyllopus looks really nice. I lost a lot of nymphs along the way to getting these adults so I've got to be careful until I'm sure I can keep them going.

Collected the second batch of ooths which is a good sign. Both females bred multiple times by different males. Just waiting for that first hatch to assure me I'll get nymphs. Still, do not think they are prolific enough that I can spare any ooths this generation, though Astyliasula phyllopus looks really nice. I lost a lot of nymphs along the way to getting these adults so I've got to be careful until I'm sure I can keep them going.
Congratz. I got First hatch of astyliasula -50 nymphs, so can change other ooths :)

Latest posts