Pure gold mantis scupture

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Phil, those are ants... and I think they are liningup to gang up on their intended victim! :eek:

(I know they are ants for sure, because I wondered... then right-clicked on the page, chose "page info"/translate this page, and it nicely translated it for me to English). ;)

Mantis with ants 材質/金.石 純金/1050公克 年代/ 1985 尺寸/63x32x33公分 Material / Au. Shek gold / gram during 1050 / 1985 Size / 63x32x33 cm

大自然現象的縮影 A microcosm of the natural phenomenon

Hey Phil, those are ants... and I think they are liningup to gang up on their intended victim! :eek: (I know they are ants for sure, because I wondered... then right-clicked on the page, chose "page info"/translate this page, and it nicely translated it for me to English). ;)
I thought those nymphs were kinda plump, Katt! What confused me was the fact that solid gold mantises are fairly common here in Yuma (S. limbata aureus4real) but most of the ants are jet and/or ruby.

Saw these sculpture a couple weeks ago in local museum here, one piece of L1 nymph size would take roughly US$1000.

Latest posts