• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Mantidforum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

pycnoscelus surinamensis, little kenyans, and pallid roaches for sale!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thehelepolis

Reaction score
these three colonies have grown a little out of control and I need to get rid of a whole bunch of them. I have had great success with all of these guys as feeders, and each one is really easy to care for. each has different benefits and upsides and none of them can survive and breed in a house (unless your house is covered in moist substrate, always warm, and has leaf litter and dog food scattered about). its also worthy to note that both pallids and surinam roaches are already found in florida, so i believe they are legal to ship. ill be selling them in mixed sizes and will ensure that there are some adults of both sexes included. ill garantee live arrival for express and 2 day and send a replacement if at least 50% of the little guys dont make it. im using ups shipping.

little kenyans: burrowers who tend to hang around near the surface underneath objects. they are small even as adults and are great for smaller mantises, as they have softer shells that can be easily pierced. adult males can climb so an escape proof cage is recommended for them. they aren't too big on climbing however, so a thin vasoline barrier should keep them in.

pycnoscelus surinamensis: these are real burrowers, spending most of the day time in the substrate. the babies are about fruit fly sized and the adults are about the mass of a large cricket. most mantises can handle them easily, but they are somewhat fast and slippery so it may take a couple grabs if it is a larger one compared to your mantis. late instars can climb and do tend to wander around at night and may escape, so an escape proof cage is recommended. these guys eat anything and tolerate a variety of conditions, and are often used for blatti-composting as a result. i can support this, as my colony is pretty old (like over 3 years) and when i havent cleaned their substrate for a while, it just looks, feels, and smells like soil. also, they are parthenogenic!

pallid roaches: these are very unique roaches and some of my favorite.they have a nice mahogany color as later instar nymphs and turn a darker black and brown with pink margins on their thorax as an adult. these guys are soft and easy for a mantis to hold, along with being a climbing surface dwelling roach, making them a great feeder that can attract a mantises attention. baby pallids are small enough for most baby mantises and adults are a bit smaller than the pycnoscelus, making them enough to feed to a larger mantis.

little kenyans: 40 mixed for 8$

pycnoscelus: 40 mixed for 8$

pallids: 40 mixed for 8$ or 80 for 12$

Latest posts