Question About Fruitflies

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agent A

the autistic flower mantis
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow I've posted a lot today, well at least it's all at least somewhat relevant, anyway, does anyone have any advice on a website where I can quickly and easily get quality fruitflies fo a low price and there is fast shipping (for hatchling creobroter and miomantis I need D. melanogaster and the only locally sold ff's in CT are D. Hydei), I need to know cause soon I will be breeding my mantids and small species have small hatchlings.

wow I've posted a lot today, well at least it's all at least somewhat relevant, anyway, does anyone have any advice on a website where I can quickly and easily get quality fruitflies fo a low price and there is fast shipping (for hatchling creobroter and miomantis I need D. melanogaster and the only locally sold ff's in CT are D. Hydei), I need to know cause soon I will be breeding my mantids and small species have small hatchlings.
i get my Fruit Flies from flycafe.net

Most of the suppliers that I use are on the west coast, including the Fruit Fly Shop in California, which sells mels at a very reasonable price if you buy them without medium (i.e. have your own ready), and SpiderPharm in AZ sells mel pupae, which are also quite inexpensive. If time in transit is an important issue for you, though, there is a nice lady in Ohio (Mantis Place) who also sells them. Everyone ships Priority, and I think that hers would get to you a day ahead of the others.

Not sure if there golden but i have D. Hydeis and D. Mels both are guaranteed and mite free.

I would recommend flycafe.net. They are very reasonably priced, and their cultures produce like wildfire! I usually can make several cultures from the ones I get from them, and the medium they use is better than any of my own mediums. They have a buy 4 get one free plan too, so if you are going to need lots of fruit flies fast, I'd go with that.

I'm curious for all you people that order fruit flies online, are there no pet stores near you? or is there another reason you don't purchase from a local store?

I have petcos and petsmarts all near me, (as far as I'm aware only petco sells Fruit Flies) But theres also many independent pet stores I have seen fruit flies and crickets at.

I'm curious for all you people that order fruit flies online, are there no pet stores near you? or is there another reason you don't purchase from a local store?I have petcos and petsmarts all near me, (as far as I'm aware only petco sells Fruit Flies) But theres also many independent pet stores I have seen fruit flies and crickets at.
Hi,

Cost, variety, and TLC.

Regards ;)

I'm curious for all you people that order fruit flies online, are there no pet stores near you? or is there another reason you don't purchase from a local store?I have petcos and petsmarts all near me, (as far as I'm aware only petco sells Fruit Flies) But theres also many independent pet stores I have seen fruit flies and crickets at.
The only local place that sells them is Petco. All of their cultures have run their course and have few if any flies left in them and the medium is dried up. Why do that when I can buy huge cultures online for half the price?

Latest posts