Question about humidity up-keeping?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-.-LIndsey-.-

Reaction score
Hello, I recently bought a new zooarium for my New Zealand mantis and have noticed that the top mesh is allowing too much humidity to leave the enclosure, I have a humidity hydrometer in my enclosure and I spray it daily, I wanted to know if there were any other ways to add to the aid in keeping moisture in the cage, its a glass enclosure with a mesh top. Please let me know! thank you. 

@-.-LIndsey-.- You can cover part of the mesh top to hold in more humidity; however, you want to ensure there is adequate airflow with part of the mesh covered (otherwise it will lead to mantid deaths, bacteria build-up, and mold growth).

Just place a piece of material over the mesh such as a piece of plastic, 1/8" wood (clipboard), and similar materials that are solid and nearly weightless.

The best option though is to get yourself a ultrasonic humidifier, to properly fix low humidity levels in the room itself caused in winter by heaters. Another option is to pipe the humidity from a humidifier straight into the tank as well - see here...

Latest posts