Question?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkayum

Reaction score
I'd like to know why most of different kind of praying mantis are expensive. For example Orchid mantis or Ghost mantis... Any reason to this? They look same to me because they are praying mantis. Just my opinion.

Thanks.

:)

Good question. To others the orchid mantis is very beautifull and its also rare. So people put them up for a higher price when they know they will get sold

well some species are just harder to breed and there for rarer and more expensive.

Hard to keep, hard to breed, rare, beautiful.. I don't think they look the same at all. There is much variation among the species.

Hard to keep, hard to breed, rare, beautiful.. I don't think they look the same at all. There is much variation among the species.
Basic economics. Supply and demand. :D
+1 to both.

To save money, I'd recommend watching the classifieds here, there are occasionally members offering mantids for free if you cover shipping expenses. Just be sure to read the seller reviews before you send money to an individual.

+1 to both.

To save money, I'd recommend watching the classifieds here, there are occasionally members offering mantids for free if you cover shipping expenses. Just be sure to read the seller reviews before you send money to an individual.
Thank you! :)

Latest posts