Rainbow Stag Beetle, PHALACROGNATHUS MUELLERI

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darkrai283

Reaction score
[08.07.15]

I ordered a CB pair of this species along with a WC pair of Chalcosoma caucasus a week ago and here they are. :)

[08.07.15]

Group photo time! :D

I now currently have good examples of the wonderful species available in culture in the 3 orders of:
1. Phasmatodea- Achrioptera fallax
2. Mantodea- Idolomantis diabolica
3. Coleoptera- Phalacrognathus muelleri

IMG_5618 by Richard Nakamura, on Flickr

[22.07.15]

Having come back home after being away for a few days, I decided to tip out the contents of the laying box to see if there were any eggs laid in the very bottom layer of compacted black-soil as there weren't any signs of wood shavings on the surface.

I didn't find either and after inspecting the logs carefully, it's quite clear that they both had escaped. The only thing is that I haven't seen them since the last photo was taken so there's a 1 week span in which they could have escaped. I have already spent about 2 hours cleaning the house while looking for them both at the same time but with no avail so far. :(

[23.07.15]

I found the male scuttling around in once of the Phasmid enclosures (I wonder how he managed to get there???) but the female is still missing. :(

Where did you get your beetle from? I've been trying to track one down for ages!

Where did you get your beetle from? I've been trying to track one down for ages!
I would suggest you send him a private message as he hasn't been on in 5 months to get his attention, as this topic is nearly two years old now.  Best of luck finding one :)

Latest posts