RARE Mantids (videos)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Precarious

Reaction score
This guy has some amazing videos on his channel. Mainly insects from Thailand and Laos. Makes me want to visit my uncle in Thailand.

Phyllothelys sp.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty cool! Gets me thinking about ones they haven't discovered yet. Who know what shape, sizes, colors & patterns are still out there. Mantids are awesome! Thanks for the video find. :)

I've got a friend living in Thailand.

Never seen a violin like this. He has stripes on her abdomen.

Thanks for sharing :)

Oh man, the size of the horn on the first one's head! And the size and shape of the second one! Very strange and amazing mantids out there.

The second one looks really interesting !!

Same with the first. but the third looks quite a bit like a violin mantis but with a large shield crest

I just went and checked out this guy's channel, and I can't stop looking at the Metallyticus splendidus. The thing looks just like a tiger beetle! He's also got some pretty cool mantispidae videos.

I just went and checked out this guy's channel, and I can't stop looking at the Metallyticus splendidus. The thing looks just like a tiger beetle! He's also got some pretty cool mantispidae videos.
Yup, Frey was just selling pairs of the Metallyticus species.