Recycling those limp crix

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quake

Reaction score
I have a orange juice container I put the mantids in when I feed them so they can catch the crix without too much running, and today as I was feeding, I put in a few of those crickets that are slow moving, back legs gnawed up and so. You know, the kind that usually die and frustrate you when you have to buy more, but you have a few fresh corpses you wish the mantis would eat?

Some of you guys feed dead game with forceps, but that never worked for me. So I figured this out.

I picked up the orange juice box and shook it a little, and the mantis scooped the bouncing crickets right up, so I figured I would try it with the protein dusted dead crickets I had from my frog. It worked, and I figure I'll save some time and cash getting more crickets now.

I wouldn't feed dead crickets personally. They grabbed them because you made them move.

I wouldn't feed dead crickets either, they don't have much of an appetite... :blink: (cymbol crash) tssshhhhI toss them into my turtles or fish or worms
I think that you misunderstaood Rick, NB! I agree. I would never personally feed dead crix to my mantids. I have a kid from down the block who comes over every evening and does it for me. :p

I think that you misunderstaood Rick, NB! I agree. I would never personally feed dead crix to my mantids. I have a kid from down the block who comes over every evening and does it for me. :p
Yeah you're right. He said slow moving which means alive. Oops.

Latest posts