Red Popa Experiment

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup. Now for the #### thing to hatch! Then I could get his experiment on the road. First, though, I may need a camera. Or, I could do this experiment in two separate generations, the later one hopefully having me able to take pics.

Yup. Now for the #### thing to hatch! Then I could get his experiment on the road. First, though, I may need a camera. Or, I could do this experiment in two separate generations, the later one hopefully having me able to take pics.
i have an old cannon powershot it's ###### and small but has a macro setting requires a memory card and 2 AA batteries i dont want it maybe u do...

Does it come with macro lenses (maybe old, low quality)? PM sent.

Are there any pre-hatching signs?

Also, I take my above post back. She is a bit reddish, though hot as red as your pic.

Does it come with macro lenses (maybe old, low quality)? PM sent.

Are there any pre-hatching signs?

Also, I take my above post back. She is a bit reddish, though hot as red as your pic.
i dont have macro lenses for it but it's got a built in macro setting it's a simple point-n-shoot camera i am willing to sell it for $50 less than the original purchase price cause it's kinda old and stuff i dont use it so i see no point in keeping it

Hey, do you guys have any hypotheses for what'll happen? Open to ideas, as well as any ideas as to what could make these guys red.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, do you guys have any hypotheses for what'll happen? Open to ideas, as well as any ideas as to what could make these guys red.
well the male didnt have too much red to him maybe the amount of bees and lobster roaches (that ate lots of sweet potato) the female at as subadult influenced her color

Error: She still has a touch of red.

She has eaten 3 superworms within the last 4 days. She is one fat ### mantis. Maybe now she'll lay her 3rd ooth...

Yep, I got a red heat bulb that has brought the heat up another 10 degrees in the cups. It has required that I spray every day, since the humidity can dip to 20% humidity. If anyone is attempting this experiment, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE feel free to post setup pics, information, etc. It could be three months until I get a camera, so feel free to post pictures on here.