Red runner problem

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MantisGirl13

Reaction score
I just bought a starter colony of red runner roaches and it arrived yesterday. All looked alive and healthy, so I transferred them to a larger container, fed a few to my anoles, and put them away. I looked back in the cage today, and around a third of the roaches were dead on the bottom. They were eating the same food the seller sent them with (a carrot) and they had plenty of ventilation and plenty of room and egg cartons. What went wrong?

- MantisGirl13 

I would assume the weather made them weak and they just died, if you other pet is ok, that's probably it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered from someone off of eBay and they packed almost 200 into a 32 oz deli cup, so it's most likely from stress. I had die offs for weeks after and I managed to save around 30-40 individuals. I ended up buying another colony and they've been doing pretty ok for now, I should probably stop feeding off smaller nymphs for now though.

I wonder if we had the same seller? I had almost 200 packed into a 32 oz deli cup too. He's going to replace the dead ones.

- MantisGirl13 

Yeah, I’m sure it was. I tried contacting him but he never got back to me. Anyways I would order smaller numbers anyways since once they take off its a bit hard to keep feeding them off in manageable numbers. 

Latest posts