Red Runners

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Mantid

Reaction score
Just a word of caution, For those of you who think you are safe from roaches getting loose and then multiplying, think again. I've been told that I shouldn't worry about such a thing because I live in Wisconsin and they should die over the winter, but guess what, I have seen 4 or 5 plump adult roaches running around my room and I haven't kept roaches contained since about September.

Peace out Napoleon.

I have seen roaches in my house before I started breeding (not often but sometimes). So if mine get out I am not to worried, they can go live with the others. Oh and dodge the white tail spiders we have everywhere which I am pretty sure will demolish a roach haha. Good luck to them!

I will never keep roaches because of this reason. Depending on the species they can eat and live on just about anything including plastic. Had them when I was a kid and we had to call an electrician because roaches were eating the insulation on the wires. Some advice; take care of them now before they get out of control. No matter how many times the exterminator came to our house the roaches would always come back. Finally we just moved and we had to bomb our stuff in a moving truck.

yea, it is scary, I had the peppered and for some stupid reason, I thought I did not need a lid on them, well let me tell u, even as big and heavy as they were, they foound a way out. Happened to find 3 hugh males at different times after I sold them and it was months later, can't even imagine waking up with one of them on me,,,,, I scream now, just because.........
ScaredCringingCoveringEyes.gif
........aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! raised the hair on your arms didn't it?

That place did not say that cockroaches could live on plastic or wallpaper paste or book bindings. I will read the other link.

I read "

they have been known to eat household items like leather, glue and book bindings. Some have even been known to eat the plastic coverings on electrical wires." the ones that are known to do that probably do not usually eat stuff like that unless they need to. I am pretty sure they could not live off of those things as food and it probably barley gives them any nutrients, especially plastic

:wacko: .​

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. No nutrients at all. However, if they eat it and don't die from it are they not living on it? Either way I keep them as far away from my place as possible.

Probably not eating it at all, just chewing the cover off, so people like me will be doing the electric and stick their hand where they cannot see and get the shock of their life!
MicrowaveBlowMyselfUp.gif