Regarding Joeho's thread

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colorcham427

Reaction score
Regards to Joeho's thread,

Love your pix man!

So lucky! Wish I could get mine to do that! Only got the female Dessicata to do that, but not my nice female Lobata lol...

How many males did you have to start off with for her? Did you have a decent ratio?

I've been told and believe the ratio should be at least 3 males per female.

Have you bred any Lobata in the past?

If you have any extra males let me know. My friend has a lot of females with only 2 males. I have a female, but not 100 % positive she was connected or not. She laid 2 funky ooths a couple days ago. First ooth is about an inch long, it colored up quickly though. The second ooth is a little over 2 inches long. This longer ooth is weird looking, has some bubble features and crooked ending. This second ooth has finally colored up.

If they are fertile, I'd be sooo happy... lol But I doubt they are.

I had my male in the same cage with her for two weeks. Her arms were taped. I didn't look at them every day, I kept a black plastic bag over their front and sides to maintain high humidity plus privacy.

My breeding attempt went all directions.

First few times, I let them look at each from a few inches away through the screen.

I put the male in with the female for 30 min. Several times throughout one week.

I put the male downstairs to clear away from her pheromones. He was downstairs for about a week.

I then put him a foot away from her right in front of me and my friend. The male didn't do much, until I moved him towards her butt. He was about 3 inches away, and he paused. He started to show some sort of interest. His antenna indicated some sort of attraction... I think? lol

I taped the female's hands closed, just the tip. They were together for about 2 weeks.

I then separated them, got the tape off of her. Her hands worked fine, she caught a roach, no problem.

Couple days later I taped her up again and let them be together for another few days.

I separated them for a day.

I then.... lol!!! Put both of them in my large screen cage, filled with dead leaves and branches. I keep one species of insect that is legal in NJ that looks like a stick bug. Not sure what it is? Anyways, they had a lot of room to move about.

After 4-5 days, the male looked like he was drunk... He lived his last 2 days in his own little cup...

MY female is still very active, and WOW female Lobatas drink so much!

Any advice, comments, input... whatever.. lol.. ? Everybody busy for new years? this forum has been beat for a while.. where are all of you!!!???

Latest posts