Rhombo won't lay eggs!?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HungryGhost

Reaction score
Two months ago today my rhombodera stalii mated and she has not made an ooth yet. What gives? She looked restless the other day and I thought for sure she was ready, but nothing. She's eating and drinking and is nice and fat. I don't get it.

i dont have experience with this mantis but ive been told that big mantids feel most comfortable laying outside on a vented sleeve on a branch for the day and maybe night.

but the common procedure is making sure the mantis is drinking enough and has adequate perching and ideal laying spots. climate maybe be important for your type as well

i dont have experience with this mantis but ive been told that big mantids feel most comfortable laying outside on a vented sleeve on a branch for the day and maybe night.

but the common procedure is making sure the mantis is drinking enough and has adequate perching and ideal laying spots. climate maybe be important for your type as well
Thanks. I have her in a net cage with plenty of branches to choose from. Maybe I'll let her free range after this weekend if nothing happens.

The day before my R. stalli laid an ooth, she was extremely restless, and seemed to want to claw her way out of her enclosure. I let her free range on my table, which had both live plants and fake plants and an assortment of random objects. She also didn't eat for two days, and I was afraid to feed her because she seemed to be about to burst at the seams (she's always been eating too much). I hope your mantis isn't eggbound? Also, is she still eating and passing waste normally?

I've read somewhere that you can take a pile of sod with grass, roots, soil, and all, and place it in the enclosure to make the mantis more "comfortable." But I've never tried it myself, since I am always a bit paranoid of pesticides and unwanted critters hiding in the soil.

Latest posts