Roasty Toasty Mantis Hiny

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krissim Klaw

Reaction score
I got a electrically heated blanket type thing for my shoulder/neck a couple weeks back and last night I decided to see if my mantis Abyss needed some soothing stress relief too. I set it on the lowest setting which creates just the slightest bit of warmth and let her check it out. As soon has her prickly mantis feet touched it she snuggled down. I'm pretty sure she was in love. She stayed nestled down, occasionally preening her claws and looking the part of a cozy old lady mantis with a new favorite spot. When I eventually turned it off, she got up within minutes and left as she typically doesn't care for fuzzy type perches.

Remember everyone, keep those adorable mantis rumps nice and warm over the long cold winter even if you are in the south like me and it isn't actually cold. . . :wub:

@Krissim Klaw Cute story, and glad to hear you have been busy spoiling your pet. :) Good advice about making sure they are warm, I noticed a corner in my room has been a bit cold lately.

@CosbyArt

Apparently it really agreed with her because she was overdue for an ootheca and I just checked and she laid one last night. XD

I got a electrically heated blanket type thing for my shoulder/neck a couple weeks back and last night I decided to see if my mantis Abyss needed some soothing stress relief too. I set it on the lowest setting which creates just the slightest bit of warmth and let her check it out. As soon has her prickly mantis feet touched it she snuggled down. I'm pretty sure she was in love. She stayed nestled down, occasionally preening her claws and looking the part of a cozy old lady mantis with a new favorite spot. When I eventually turned it off, she got up within minutes and left as she typically doesn't care for fuzzy type perches.

Remember everyone, keep those adorable mantis rumps nice and warm over the long cold winter even if you are in the south like me and it isn't actually cold. . . :wub:
So cute! I want to see a picture of your mantis snuggling on the blanket!

@CosbyArt

Apparently it really agreed with her because she was overdue for an ootheca and I just checked and she laid one last night. XD
Nice, that is a new trick to try for a egg-bound mantis then. ;) Glad to hear she laid her ooth and all is well.

Latest posts