Rock laid an ooth : )

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mars1962

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who told me to be alert to a possible ooth coming from my huge-bellied Chinese female. She'd been out exploring my brick wall for several days straight. I slowed down on her food source as suggested. But after 2 days i wanted to make sure she had access to food so on Monday I got her down and I put her in her cage with a grasshopper i caught. She was stubborn so i had to pull her down -- in doing so, I could feel how spongey her belly was. So much softer and spongier than I expected!)

Tuesday morning she'd eaten him; Wednesday morn (today) she started with the big marshmallowy stuff and now i have seen my first ooth-laying : )

She looks like she may lay another. Thanks for your guidance!

-- Rock's happy mama : )

Thanks to everyone who told me to be alert to a possible ooth coming from my huge-bellied Chinese female. She'd been out exploring my brick wall for several days straight. I slowed down on her food source as suggested. But after 2 days i wanted to make sure she had access to food so on Monday I got her down and I put her in her cage with a grasshopper i caught. She was stubborn so i had to pull her down -- in doing so, I could feel how spongey her belly was. So much softer and spongier than I expected!)

Tuesday morning she'd eaten him; Wednesday morn (today) she started with the big marshmallowy stuff and now i have seen my first ooth-laying : )

She looks like she may lay another. Thanks for your guidance!

-- Rock's happy mama : )
way to go brother, feels good don't it? hehehe

they only lay one at a time or if disturbed will lay the same one but in pieces or such!

I should really learn to read entire posts before I comment. Or maybe just stop doing the forum while between classes. Epic fail.....
Don't feel bad, Laura! I'm half blind and I read the title of this thread as "Rick laid an ooth"! I almost wrote to congratulate him.

At least finding this little clip made me feel better:

I'm grateful for any feedback on why my first and only mantis died after seeming so healthy. Thanks...

Latest posts