Ru's Mantids!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank-you!! <3 I'm keeping an eye on your sweet pea posts because my orchids are about two weeks behind yours, so i'll kind of know what to expect. ;)

Thank-you!! <3 I'm keeping an eye on your sweet pea posts because my orchids are about two weeks behind yours, so i'll kind of know what to expect. ;)
Yeah I love orchids, but Sweet Pea- she molted today 12 days after her first molt! Hope your babies are doing well! Did you name your orchid?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I love orchids, but Sweet Pea- she molted today 12 days after her first molt! Hope your babies are doing well! Did you name your orchid?
I have three, but I haven't named them yet. I'm waiting until I can reliably sex them and tell them apart before I pick names ;P 

Guess who's all grown uuuuup 

svtHEOG.jpg

Xia is a gorgeous adult now, and very happy to sit on my hand for glamour shots. 

PsYkuWI.jpg

eE2pzOP.jpg

rpRWzS1.jpg

Well congrats!!! Beautiful mantis,wings look very nice.i have two adult male and female of giant african mantises.ill take pictures when possible.

Sad news. Venus, my favorite of my h. venosa, had a bad fall somehow. I was at a friend's house this weekend and didn't see it happen. Her abdomen got badly damaged, and while I hoped she'd power through, she was fading yesterday and I had to give her the freezer treatment. I actually cried, she was my friendliest mantis and very amenable to handling. She even sat calmly in my autistic cousin's hands a couple of weekends ago and suffered through her repeated kisses without skittering away. She'd just hit sub-adult and I was SO looking forward to watching her blossom into a beautiful grown mantid. :( I'm so bummed. 

Sad news. Venus, my favorite of my h. venosa, had a bad fall somehow. I was at a friend's house this weekend and didn't see it happen. Her abdomen got badly damaged, and while I hoped she'd power through, she was fading yesterday and I had to give her the freezer treatment. I actually cried, she was my friendliest mantis and very amenable to handling. She even sat calmly in my autistic cousin's hands a couple of weekends ago and suffered through her repeated kisses without skittering away. She'd just hit sub-adult and I was SO looking forward to watching her blossom into a beautiful grown mantid. :( I'm so bummed. 
Awwww....I am so sorry for your loss. :( She was a beautiful girl who sounds like she had a great personality. It is a real shame that you lost her prematurely, especially since she was your favorite!

Last edited by a moderator:
So sorry you lost Venus! :(

So sorry to hear! Venus is now in Mantis Heaven eating all her favorite meals, sending love your way!

I am so sorry! It is wonderful that she was gentle and so patient with your cousin! I am mildly autistic and kiss my mantids too! They are wise and understanding.

She knew you loved her very much. There is never shame in crying over the loss of a pet. It is normal. I hope you find another like her soon.

All great pictures. How I do love T. sinensis (mantis snobs ignore them ---- what'd they know, anyway?? !)  What a great shot of Song near the beginning of the series: s/he looks so damn proud!  I'm currently raising six Taumantis sigiana.  Although I treat them like royalty, I miss the large species.  My first molted adult T. sigiana (Subra) is terrified of his own shadow!  Next group, I'm back to a species I can walk with a chain and collar.

Latest posts