Ruthless...

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lazyiks

Reaction score
This is my all time favorite picture of my mantis =D

Poor gecko though :(

Another sad part is I still don`t know if it was a male or female so I just end up calling it "Sam" since it`s a unisex name! Lol

329534_353010421439787_753049382_o.jpg

210417_353167131424116_416321712_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Silentdevil!!

Actually yes... sadly it was the only thing I could find big enough to feed her when I ran out of food during that time!
I don't suppose you killed it before feeding? She was going tail first so that would have been a slow death. <__<

Now thinking about it... you`re right!!

Now I feel really bad :(

Nooooo.. I just threw it in the cage and let the mantis do it thing and happen to catch a picture of the action when I came back to check to see what was going on before heading to work..

Please people, dont do this, kill it first then give it to the mantis. Someone else showed a video of a small lizard being eaten alive. It was deeply disturbing to me to see it.

Its easy to kill it then wiggle it for your mantis to be interested enough to grab it.

I don't think I could ever resort to feeding a vertebrate to a mantis. Doesn't seem right to me since they feel pain differently than insects do. Plus I can always go outside and find some bugs, even in the city.

Still pretty neat that she was able to take it down.

It was a while back... it is an old picture, but I havent done it since then I usually have food for them.. but great advice if I ever have to resort back to it and it was last resort for me...

Yep, just look at is something you could learn from. I don't think using critters like lizards as prey items is inherently wrong but pre-killing is just the way to go if you want to be humane about it. =3

Latest posts