S. bicornis display behavior

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaddock

Reaction score
I have noticed my Schizo has an interesting display... He will spread his antennae at a very wide angle and swing them up and down rhythmically, all the while dipping his body up and down and wildly beating and pinching at the air with his upper appendages! :lol:

Pretty cool stuff, my other mantids have done strange things occasionally (beyond the standard flaring defensive pose), but he looks demonic when he does it. :)

Sorry for the blurry pic... Cellphone camera! But he is also well camouflaged.

mantids005.jpg

I don't know much about those, but he's great! From the few pics I've seen around the board here, those look awesome. :D

I don't know much about those, but he's great! From the few pics I've seen around the board here, those look awesome. :D
He is definitely cool, and too cool for the bus! I think I have enjoyed him more than any of my other mantids... I like his flight style and his crazy little dances... He definitely needed a lot of room to molt, I can only imagine how big the females must get!

I want a female... since my male is about 8 months old now... I want him to get some before he kicks the bucket! ;)

Another less than professional image:
image010og.jpg

Latest posts