S. Carolina hatching

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drotski

Reaction score
I was just wondering how an S. Carolina ooth hatches...do they all hatch at once, or is it a slower process? I was away for 4 days, came home to 3 dead nymphs, 3 live nymphs, and one miscellaneous leg on the bottom. The ooth was a good size, captive bred by me.

Sometimes a couple of nymphs come a few days before the big hatch and sometimes the ooth is a small hatch. I would just keep my hopes up and keep an eye on the ooth! Who knows a boatload might be on the way :)

They hatch over at least several days. So be ready for around 30-40 nymphs (?). :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the responses. No new nymphs as of today. I do have another ooth incubating, and two in diapause.

They hatch in the mornings the times when I had them before. It is strange they skipped a day of hatching, maybe the ootheca is bad.

Forum member CosbyArt had an ooth I had sent him that hatched individual nymphs each day for nearly a month. I think it was around 26 days?... I'd ask him but I'm afraid he's gone off the grid lately.

I'd consider holding into the ooth and continuing misting and incubation. Never know ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts