S. pretiosa hatching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JT

Reaction score
:D my female has given me 4 ooths so far and was mated with 2 males (for good measure) and last night the first has begun to hatch. 5 nymphs so far. how many should i expect?and do they hatch over days or is this it?

wow, congrats! i believe they do burst hatching, so i don't think anymore will come out of that ooth. were they hard to mate?

honestly, i don't know.i stuck the male with the female and he was with her for a day or 2 before i saw him on her back.i never actually witnessed "mating" just him riding around on her back. the same for the second male. but i guess they mated cause ooth #1 was fertile!

i see. my male should mature soon so i'll be attempting to breed them soon as well. hopefully i can get as lucky as you. :D

JT, glad to know the S. Prestiosa are doing well for you. The adult you have righ now is from ootheca with great hatching rate (of about 38 nymphs i believed), hopefully the following oothec will have a better hatching rate. Congrate!

i successfully mated my first female, 3 more to go! :D

how long should i wait before i mate him again? i didn't wanna mate him with another female immediately cause i figure he'll need time to regenerate his seeds?

a week!!? hmm, that seems awfully long to me. i was thinking a few hours. i'm not sure how male mantids' bodies are designed, but human males always have a supply of "it" in storage. however, if he were to exhaust his supply by releasing it too many times too soon, he would exhaust his storage supply.

give him a day and let him move to the next contestant!actuall, Yen , you should be answering this.

Post pictures please of the adults! I've never seen a decent picture of one of those. If anyone has one, please post it.