Sad

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enlightenment

Reaction score
I have had a lovely wee twig Mantid for a few weeks, it was never a great eater mind you, and the tank I had it in seemed too large, so I swapped it for a smaller enclosure, and tried alernating food.

It is 11pm here, and I was just off to bed, when I found that he/she was lying on the base, one of it's legs having been chewed off by two small cricks, and its front grabber, as well :(

It was still moving initially, but clearly beyind hope, and now, just a few mins later, it is dead.

What a shame.

Thats how a lost mine, when I get my new mantis/s im gonna make sure I either supervise them eating crix or use an alternative.

Sorry mate :(

It's strange the way the human mind works though.

While I was sad over this, I think nothing of feeding other live insects TO a Mantis, so we are kinda hypocrites as well, if you see what I mean...?

Steve

It's strange the way the human mind works though.While I was sad over this, I think nothing of feeding other live insects TO a Mantis, so we are kinda hypocrites as well, if you see what I mean...?

Steve
I do, its almost poetic justice on the crickets part.

It's strange the way the human mind works though.While I was sad over this, I think nothing of feeding other live insects TO a Mantis, so we are kinda hypocrites as well, if you see what I mean...?

Steve
yeah i'm the same i dont like feeding really big crickets as it takes longer and i start to feel sorry for em but smaller ones i think nothing of... but cried when my first mantis died

Me too. I happend to be staying with my Mom at the time too so she told me I shouldnt keep them if Im going to get so attached to them. I told her the first one is always the hardest, be it your first love, your first car that dies, your first dog or in my case my first Mantis.

I dont think I'll name the nymphs from the ooths she hatched though, I feel that if I name them I get attached more somehow. lol were gonna have bug 1,2,3, a, b, c and etc etc once all the ooths start hatching. haha.

it could be partly the naming thing she was the only one i named and the only one that upset me the others were never named or even numbered