Sadie the Emo Cat

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LauraMG

Reaction score
She was being cute while I was taking mantid pictures today (she was jealous) so I had to take a picture of her precious little face

IMGP7568.jpg

:lol: Haha I think my cat gets jealous too when I'm spending time with my mantids. And he probably hates how I won't let him near their Enclosures too. He's 5 now and still as much a spaz as Ever.

Cute cat! My cats don't get jealous over my mantids...they just want to eat them <_< mean kitties :angry:

Nice. ONe of mine will gladly eat a mantis given the chance.

She would too, in a second! She tries to get the crickets, roaches, mantids, everything!
Cats kill for pleasure, though. Might as well just give her a roach to "play" with once in awhile. I threw a large orangehead nymph in with my ASFs a few days ago & one female just went nuts over it! She wouldn't let any of the other rats near it & ate the whole thing by herself! :blink: (Took her awhile to figure out how to kill it, though!)

The big "regular" (fancy) rats don't seem to know what to do with them & only seem interested if they're already dead. (Threw in a nymph that died just before molting & they fought over that.)

-Carey Kurtz-

Mine loves tochase down bluebottle escapees and eat them. It's so funny when the fly is buzzing inside his mouth :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
That cat has the same coloring as my last cat did. She was one of the meanest and coolest cats that I ever had. :D She only ever caught a couple of roaches, and she hated them. She would shake her head and gag when she tried to pick them up. All my other cats were happy to catch, and at least partially eat anything small and alive.

Mine loves tochase down bluebottle escapees and eat them. It's so funny when the fly is buzzing inside his mouth :lol:
She LOVES to jump around and catch them! It's sooooooo funny! She jumps super high into the air and catches them with her front paws and then eats them :lol:

My cats are getting pretty adept at catching blue bottles, which goes to show how many I accidently let loose <_<

Latest posts