Safe Plants for the Tank

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Summers

Reaction score
Hi all,

Im in the UK and thinking of gettin a Mantid. I was wondering which plants (small plants) i can use for the tank, i have heard that some can be poisonous to mandids.

Any advice would be great!

Thanks!

As long as you don't get a plant that can eat your mantid, it doesn't really matter what you use, because mantids don't eat plants.

yeah, dont use plants from my shop! *cough-cough* go visit it! *cough-cough*
Wicked plants. Do you sell the venus fly trap? how much to ship to Helena MT.

I use a schefflera in my chinese enclosure. It works well and like Andrew said the mantids dont eat plants

As long as you don't get a plant that can eat your mantid, it doesn't really matter what you use, because mantids don't eat plants.
Excellent thanks! I will have a search and see what i can get :)

yeah, dont use plants from my shop! *cough-cough* go visit it! *cough-cough*
LOL, how subtle of you :p Nice selection you have, i dont think my mantid will like them tho! lol!

I use a schefflera in my chinese enclosure. It works well and like Andrew said the mantids dont eat plants
Thanks for the advice everyone :-D

Last edited by a moderator:
You can use pretty much any houseplant you get from garden centres, Focus and that sort of place:). Solong as it isn't carnivorouus and isn't treated with pesicides and such, it will be ok for a mantis enclosure.

Matt.

You can use pretty much any houseplant you get from garden centres, Focus and that sort of place:). Solong as it isn't carnivorouus and isn't treated with pesicides and such, it will be ok for a mantis enclosure.Matt.
Thanks, Matt.

I will go shopping one evening this week and see what i can find :)

Wicked plants. Do you sell the venus fly trap? how much to ship to Helena MT. I use a schefflera in my chinese enclosure. It works well and like Andrew said the mantids dont eat plants
if u look on his site your see he does sell venus fly traps.

Latest posts