Sarah Elliott

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sarah Elliott is new in mantis business, she is still experiencing and learning all the mantis keeping (So am I) tricks. Her info in the website may be obtained from some other sources which is not accurate. Nevertheless, she pays everything in advance and has been a great customer for me.

She is reliable she ships the week after you order the mantid if its in stock i bought from her a black mantid and 2 grass-like nymphs and the are shipping right now i have the tracking and eveything. so she is trustworthy and reliable .. she also has some pretty cool mantids like the black carolina and she is going to have bark mantids soon also

splendiforis (lol my made up word)

im am very pleased with her very smooth and easy she is very prompt at answering all questions and rights out BIIIG responces she really cares for these little guys :D

Sarah Elliot - livemantis.com - buyprayingmantis.com

I ordered and paid for 4 Chinese mantises, and an order of melanogaster wingless fruit flies for them on July 24, 2008. After several polite and patient emails of inquiry about my order throughout the month of August went unanswered, I finally sent a formal-in-tone email requesting response forthwith about the status of my order on August 29th. The next day I finally got an unnecessarily snotty response from her, saying she does not "live" online, she's been busy, and the order was still coming.

I finally received the mantises on Sept. 4th. The mantises had to have been L1 or L2, they were sooo very tiny... much smaller than the L3 Ghosts I received recently from Peter. To her credit, she did include 3 extra ones, although one was dead on arrival smashed in the crease of the cup lid.

The melanogaster culture did not come until the next day on Sept. 5th, and it had not one hatched fly in it, only pupae and culture medium. Luckily PetCo had D.hydei in stock, and I ran out and got them a couple of hours after the mantises arrived. The flys were about as big as the mantids, but they were able to catch and eat them luckily!

Two more emails inquiring about not getting the fruit flies on time to feed the mantises, and another asking what size the mantises were (L1, L2?) and why they could possibly be dying went unanswered. Unfortunately, all 6 Chinese nymphs had died within 5 days. :( And the melanogaster fruit fly culture that I ordered from her didn't start hatching until 2 weeks later... :angry: useless.

Overall, the time between ordering and getting the order was unexpectedly long, communication was very poor, and there were not even any hatched fruit flies to feed the mantids in the culture which arrived the day after the mantids arrived. I also think it was unprofessional to send such very young nymphs, knowing they would be at increased risk for surviving. I'm left with an impression of very unreliable and poor business practices. I will not order from her again, nor can I recommend her service.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't had any bad experiences with this seller, but nothing good to say either. Her prices are far too high and one would be better off buying from breeders on this forum. She also rarely responds to emails. I never had any problem with the quality of the products. I found the cultures to be good if not exceptionally good, and the mantids, though shipped at L1, did not die in shipment, and did not die on account of illness.

Purchased some Chinese Mantis from Sarah

received in Good condition including an Extra one

packaging was excellent Sarah even ventilated the shipping Box

Good Transaction

Bought four chinese mantids recieved five 10/ 24/ 10 despite a delay via the shipping co. all arrived all still are safe and sound11/26/10.

I ordered a pair of mantids from her some time ago and still have not received them.

I had to register a complain with Paypay which is this ongoing. She did finally reply

and explained the delay, but that was some time ago, and nothing since.

I will check Paypal, but I dont think she has issued a refund or any further communication.

Soon I will have to demand a refund through Paypal dispute resolution center.

Needless to say, I will not order from her ever again.

Sorry for the bad news, and I am happy for those folks who have had no problems with her.

This is just my own personal experience.

I have order an Chinese Ootheca from her before I found this Forum :taz: ........ Too late lol ... She said the Ootheca was send out on Nov 28th . and it takes 7-10 Business days to arrive.. It has passed the time. I'll give her Max 10 more days If I still did not received the Ootheca ... I'll Contact Paypal dispute resolution center to get my money ... If a seller tells me it will be 10days I'm cool with it , If 5 extra Day has passed Maxium 10Days from what I except to Received the goods... Still have not receive the Item. I'll have to get my Money back...

Received Ootheca today Dec 13th was ship on Nov 28th 2 weeks ... Here is some of the Pic I took. Hope some Pro can tell me if the Ootheca is good or bad . It looks like some Mold on the paper towel .....

s5uwif.jpg

o0a4wm.jpg

2ue6wxf.jpg

fdyu5f.jpg

dmtz01.jpg