Say hello to my new little friend.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Insect-lover

Reaction score
So, 3 months ago, stick insects suddenly started apeearing in here, since they can reproduce without a male, and they seem to have liked the climate of the island, i think they might become another species acidently introduced in here.

Anyway, they now can be found in the Ivy in my home, i found a "big" one and i decided to give my very old 10 gallon tank some use! ( it wouldn't work with fish anyway, it has come cracks, but that doesn't affect stick insects so ):

04022011164.jpg

04022011166.jpg

So now i got both, praying mantise's and stick insects, now that makes me a very happy person.

I think its the indiant species but if anyone can tell me , say so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats some kind of good luck. I really want to get one of those some day soon, they look so wicked! B)

@Leeann

Mine eat ivy, but they also eat other types of plants.

Anyway, for my surprise, the stick insect motled today into adulthood i belive, the guy is just about big as my hand. Big insects!

I would love to find some sticks in my area. Like many species around here, I haven't seen any around since I was a kid. <_<

I have some there cool insects Ive a few cool sp the photo is blurry but looks like a indian :) now your gonna have a million LOL as Indians are easy to keep they live almost a year and no male is needed so be ready for a ton LOL My issue is I am in NY and food sources are hard in winter unlike indians who will survive on any green leafy veggie others only eat certian food i had hardy bramble that cost me $300 for 6 huge plants that were supose to keep somewhat green in winter (during our fall /winter clean up our wondefull landscapers new workers chopped them down on me :( so I have a few indoor ones I had to grow sothey eat just enough to keep them going my Jungles are just growing slower My yellow gal is sub adult looks like a lemon :) I love em :)

Latest posts