Sedentary female and hesitant male- help!!!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agent A

the autistic flower mantis
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all, my popas have been adult for at least 16 days, female is fat ad eats and eats and eats lol

So I have them in a small cage and the male stares at her intently, we know wat he's thinking of doing... But he doesn't go forth with the plan, he just stands and stares and it doesn't help that the female does the same thing so he doesn't get a visual trigger and she's pretty calm so poking and prodding her doesn't make her move, it just freaks the male out, so I'm not sure wat to do

Any suggestions?

Thanx :)

I have heard that they don't like quiet environments. Maybe some calm, romantic music might rev the engines... :tt2: :wub: :kiss:

On a serious note, you could either mist the female or else poke her with a skewer.

He grabbed her, jumped on, was on backwards then jumped off and ran far from her

Does this mean she wasn't receptive when he tested her so he didn't want to become a meal?

He needs to be far away in another room if possible for a few day's to kill off the pheromone saturation, then try again. trust me on this one bud.

I find that my mantis like to get the deed done after lights out.Try leaving them together overnight with plenty of food in a large net cage and see what happens :)