She Won't Eat!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sinensispsyched

Reaction score
I had a majuscula become adult 3 weeks ago, in perfect condition.

First off, she still has that yellow look like she hasn't dried yet, even though she has perfect lighting on her. Secondly, she won't eat anything, even when I try to hand feed her juicy superworms.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Rejecting water is always a bad sign. I would fear something internally went wrong in her shedding and is blocking her gut so she can't take food or water in.

Hi:My female majuscula molted to adult recently and went several days without eating/drinking. I just kept misting her. I thought she was gonna die because her wings came out really messed up. Figured something went wrong and I just couldn't see it. Yesterday, I offered her a different type of bait then her normal stuff and she just about ripped it right out if my tongs. Mine has never eaten or gone for worms that I know of. ( I haven't had her long ) she seems to like crix and butterflys and flys. She is eating now. I took away her artificial light and gave her sunlight coming in through the window although I had to monitor so as not to bake her. It could have been a coincidence that she was hungry after that. Iam not sure. Also... My house is at 80.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi:

My female majuscula molted to adult recently and went several days without eating/drinking. I just kept misting her. I thought she was gonna die because her wings came out really messed up. Figured something went wrong and I just couldn't see it. Yesterday, I offered her a different type of bait then her normal stuff and she just about ripped it right out if my tongs. Mine has never eaten or gone for worms that I know of. ( I haven't had her long ) she seems to like crix and butterflys and flys. She is eating now. I took away her artificial light and gave her sunlight coming in through the window although I had to monitor so as not to bake her. It could have been a coincidence that she was hungry after that. Iam not sure. Also... My house is at 80.
My house is at 73. I will see about crix, hopefully she'll respond. The problem is that she's trying to strike at the prey as if to grab it, but she's only striking at half the velocity.

Latest posts