Shedding Gongylus gongylodes

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pelle

Reaction score
Hi,

Here are some photo's of a Gongylus gongylodes female shedding to subadult.

gongyshed1ma9.jpg

gongyshed2um3.jpg

gongyshed3ws9.jpg

gongyshed4zw6.jpg

gongyshed5cc7.jpg

gongyshed6iu7.jpg

gongyshed7jf7.jpg

gongyshed8wb1.jpg

gongyshed9jf0.jpg

gongyshed10vj9.jpg

I captured the whole molting sequence of a female turning adult. Plus, I have some gay Gongy pics as well - wanna see it?

Thanks Yen and mrblue:)

Nice pics Kruszakus! I still have to wait a little while for the final molt..

Haha, I hope they will turn straight for you :lol:

male becoming subadult

dscf9659jv5.jpg

Very nice! The comments on the two males was pretty funny.

I wish I could have gotten the camera sooner - one was actually trying to mate with his brother!

Wow, that's kinda funny about the gay mantises. I wonder how they worked that out. :rolleyes:

Beautiful pictures, and beautiful mantises. I really can't wait until I can get some. :p

how big do they grow to??and do the nymphs need heating when young?
Females grow up to about 8-10 cm from the top of the head to the end of the abdomen. Males can reach 7.5-8.5 cm, but after including wings to the measurement - and they are much less bulky.

Nymphs need around 32-35C to grow healthy and at a steady pace - I don't think anyone has room temperature like that, so some heating is necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice, thats about SoCal weather lol, would just some moss on the bottem sprayed daily suffice their humidity needs?
Them nymphs don't got no need for humidity - no spraying is necessary. On the other hand, them ooths do require some humidity - sometimes even quite a lot.

Latest posts