Show Your Enclosures

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iLUVdraguhns

Reaction score
Can I have a look at your mantis enclosure? Any kind of mantis. Any kind of enclosure. I'm just looking at other people's enclosures. Just to see. :)

He are some. The zoo med has screen sides for ventillation I just covered the sides for the Blephs to grip. Some enclosures... You don't need so much decoration though, I was just being decorative, lol. Just a nice grip on the top for molting. There shouldn't be so much stuff in the middle it will get in the way of molting. I use climbing aides on the sides but too much stuff will hinder the molting process. If I use sticks to cover the lids I cut a hole in the cup and add screen for ventilation. I learned it is better to have just a good top for molting and not to much stuff in the way in the container. I just like to put flowers and stuff in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a mix of what I've been using.

image_zps9c17bbd3.jpg

i see some of you are using plastic or rubber mesh, i use aluminum, i feed with crickets so its convenient for me to use cricket proof mesh =P

I almost exclusively use net cages. Everything from the triangle net ones to a 3 foot tall one.

I've been meaning to take a group shot of my mantis corner, but I haven't gotten around to it. Here is a inside shot of one of my cages though. For fun you can try and spot the mantis. =p

MantisCribs.jpg

I almost exclusively use net cages. Everything from the triangle net ones to a 3 foot tall one.

I've been meaning to take a group shot of my mantis corner, but I haven't gotten around to it. Here is a inside shot of one of my cages though. For fun you can try and spot the mantis. =p

MantisCribs.jpg
The little dot (possibly the head) on the top of the enclosure? Or on the stick?

The little dot (possibly the head) on the top of the enclosure? Or on the stick?
Hehehe she is hanging from the plant in the center of the cage. It is rather hard to see her at that size, especially since the photo quality isn't great. Here is a close up.

CanyouspottheMantis.jpg

Hehehe she is hanging from the plant in the center of the cage. It is rather hard to see her at that size, especially since the photo quality isn't great. Here is a close up.

CanyouspottheMantis.jpg
I thought that might be her also but I though maybe that was a branch or something lolHow many mantids do u keep? That's a lot of money for enclosures lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought that might be her also but I though maybe that was a branch or something lol

How many mantids do u keep? That's a lot of money for enclosures lol
Net cages really aren't that pricey, considering all the space you get. I do however like to keep my numbers down, and I tipically have somewhere between 1-5. I like to keep things simple.

Latest posts