Sibylla pretiosa Care needed

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrh3

Reaction score
so i have a ooth or 2 im gonna hatch out does anyone have a care sheet on this sp. also can the nymphs eat hydei or will they be too big for the newborns.

thats what i was wondering as i dont know how small they nymphs are, first time with this sp. i have the temps for the ooth at 86 and i spray every other day, is this good?

They are very small...use Melanogaster.No water for nymphs they like it dry!

30°C is fine,you can keep them together if well fed. :)

I just hatched out quite a few nymphs and they don't really touch the flightless melanogasters in my observation, but they are eating the wingless ff and the springtails. Also by spraying them you risk having the nymphs getting stuck drowning in any water beads or puddles. I have given them one squirt of a super fine mist(Very fine). :)

Last edited by a moderator:
They are very small...use Melanogaster.No water for nymphs they like it dry!

30°C is fine,you can keep them together if well fed. :)
is that temp for the ooth or nymphs, i have the ooth at 86. i was gonna keep the nymphs at 76.

is that temp for the ooth or nymphs, i have the ooth at 86. i was gonna keep the nymphs at 76.
75F should be OK, but these are West african mantids and you need a constant daytime humidity of around 70%RH if you want to breed them I suggest that you use a hygrometer to monitor the enclosure and a humidifier unless that is about yr normal room humidity. Also, if you have to increase the humidity a lot,you will have to increase the heat in order to keep it around 70F Good luck!